Joe Collins' 2017 Schedule
Click Here to Go to Joe's 2016 Schedule
|February 1||20th Century Club
- I'll be doing a program at the Cleveland Country Club for this fine group.
|February 25||Mid-Winter Dulcimer Festival
- This is my club's annual festival. It's hard to believe, but this will be our 16th year! This year's artists will include Nina Zanneti, Jeff Furman, Flat Mountain Dulcimers, and others. For complete details, go to www.jcdulcimer.com and click on the snowman.
|April 1||Waterbound Dulcimer Festival
- This is a great little festival in eastern North Carolina you don't want to miss if you are in driving distance. Friendly people, good food, and great dulcimering all day long. It's a long day, but a really fun one! For more information, click HERE.
|April 28-30||Lee County Gathering
- Good food, music, and company in the little town of Loachapoka, just outside of Auburn. This festival is held in a little historical village and features workshops as well as great concerts and jam sessions. It's a true blue Americana musical experience! For more information click HERE.
|May 19-21||Jonesboro Dulcimer
- This May I will have the privilege of playing at Jonesboro's Friday Night Music on the Square. The next day, I'll be leading some beginner workshops. Bring your lawn chair for the concert and stick around on Saturday for the workshops! We're going to be pulling people off the streets, putting a dulcimer in their hands and showing them how to get started. If you are a player, you are invited to come help out and enjoy the day. Looks like a lot of fun. For more information, click HERE.
|May 25-28||Crooked Road Dulcimer Festival
- I have heard a lot of good things about this festival held at Ferrum College. This will be my first time there, and I'm excited! For more information, please go to www.crookedroaddulcimerfestival.org.
Dulcimer U at Western Carolina University
- One of the premier dulcimer camps in the country, this is a week chocked full of opportunities to learn for rank beginners all the way to advance players. Among other things, Joe will be leading a class on building one's skills as a mountain dulcimer teacher. Hope you'll consider coming. Contact Joe for more information on the teacher certification program through Dulcimer U. For more information, please click HERE.
|August 10-13||Gateway Dulcimer
- This is a new festival for me, but I'm really looking forward to it. It is located on 200 beautifully landscaped acres with the St. Louis Skyline and Gateway Arch visible in the distance. Open jams start Thursday evening, and the festival ends Sunday morning after the Hymn Sing. Classes, Vendors, Motels, Restaurants, Camping & Directions will be posted at www.gatewaydulcimer.org. You may also contact email@example.com or 618-651-8271 for additional information.
|September 30||Dulcimores Workshop
- A whole day of workshops topped off with a concert. The Dulcimores Club in Blythewood gave me my first opportunity to teach dulcimer in this very workshop years ago, and I always enjoy going back. Hope you'll be able to join us. More info coming.
Workshops & Concert
- I'm going back to one of my favorite places in Pennsylvania - Beaver Springs. For the past few years, I've made an annual trek to visit my friend Clair Ebenshade, and I've met a lot of other wonderful people there as well. Manbeck Mennonite Church hosts the event and even allows me to preach God's word on Sunday morning. I hope you'll be able to join us. More info coming soon!
|Beaver Springs, PA|
New Mexico Dulcimer Festival
- I've heard about this festival from fellow players who have had the opportunity to teach there, and all the reports have been glowing. I've also know Scott and Irma Reeder (Irma is the President/Festival Director this year) for years through e-mail correspondence, and am so glad for the opportunity to actually spend time with them at the festival this year. Check out the festival website by clicking HERE.
North Georgia Foothills Dulcimer Association Fall Festival (Unicoi)
- One of the best large festivals in the country is set in the mountains of North Georgia at Unicoi State Park the weekend before Thanksgiving. You don't want to miss this one if you enjoy great jams, good workshops, a lot of good fellowship, good concerts, etc. I'll be teaching, performing, and leading the Sunday morning celebration time this year.